The messages that we hear over and over from the leaders in the business development, marketing and management world (and the most highly regarded professors in business school) are:
Take a risk!
Pursue your dreams!
It’s great advice for owners and managers, builders, and investors.
There’s only one issue . . .
Banks are naturally risk-averse. And the Small Business Administration can be risk-averse as well.
What frightens banks and the SBA? Newness and innovation.
Does your project include newness like one of these categories?
• A brand new idea, not even franchised yet?
• A new franchise or a new brand or a new division within an existing franchise
• A new location
• New construction
• Repurposing of a previous building for a new business
Don’t be afraid to innovate.
But do be cautious about going out on your own to shop for financing. There are so many financial institutions in the marketplace. You could waste hours and hours of your time trying to make a match, filling out forms, submitting personal and business information, only to be rejected because this or that bank really has no interest in your innovation.
Your time is better spent telling the GRP team about your dream project once and then letting us do the legwork for you.
Our process is transparent:
- We evaluate your idea and give you feedback.
- We’ll tell you if we think your project is feasible and if the timing is right.
- We’ll also tell you if we think you need to make alterations before proceeding. We do this because we represent you and not the lenders.
- We’ll determine together what the most important financing elements are to you, including rates, length of payback time, minimizing closing costs, extracting working capital or speed of closing.
- We will decide together if you should seek traditional financing or whether the GRP Capital Debt fund is the better option.
- If we are seeking traditional funding on your behalf, we will help package your project and present it to competing lenders, based upon who we think will offer the best path to closing an acceptable loan.
- Once a lender is approved by you, we will help you gather and submit all of the necessary materials and guide you all the way to closing.
Whether you are expanding your existing portfolio or investing in your first business, GRP Capital has the resources to help you meet your required capital needs. Our services include divisions of Real Estate Capital Markets, Small Business Financing, Construction Lending, GRP Capital Debt Fund, and Consulting and Advisory. Learn more at grpcapital.com.